The 2 Rooms Every Seller Must Address
Kitchens and bathrooms can make or break a home sale. Why are these two rooms so important? When a buyer walks into a space, they’re the natural focal points, and therefore ought to receive particular attention. Buyers want a home that’s turnkey, and updated kitchens and bathrooms are huge factors in determining whether a home is move-in ready or not. Here are some specific renovations to consider :
– Countertops, cabinetry, and doors. If you don’t refinish your cabinets, at least replace the doors and knobs. Perhaps an easier solution would be adding new hardware to them. Brand-new countertops always bring a fresh feeling to the room.
– Paint and layout. Open areas are really popular right now on the market. Does your kitchen flow into another living or dining area? Also, make sure the paint is fresh and neutrally colored.
– Hardware. Is everything updated? Is it stylistically modern? Hardware determines how the space is used, and usage matters greatly to buyers.
– Storage. You don’t want stuff hanging around on the outside of the bathroom. Tuck clutter away and always opt for a nice, clean look.
– Color/paint. Bathrooms tend to feel confined, so using bright color goes a long way toward making the space feel as large as possible.
– Cost. Don’t overspend on things like installing high-end amenities, as in El Paso those investments will not always get you a return on your investment. Set a spending protocol with your Realtor and follow through on it.
If you have questions about this or any other real estate-related topic, feel free to reach out to me by phone or email. I’d love to hear about your renovation situation or any buying or selling aspirations you may have.